Tuesday 20 March 2012

Rwanda Nziza...

Beautiful Rwanda....

This will be my last blog entry. Enjoy the following pics highlighting the beauty of Rwanda. To everyone who only associates Rwanda with death, anguish and war, let these pictures prove to you that Rwanda is so much more...it is a place of beauty, love, and hope.

 The view at the top of the hill near my house that I ran up regularly - yes, those are clouds!


 Giraffe in Akagara Park - East province of Rwanda

 A view of Kigali from Mt. Kigali

 A view of Lake Kivu and islands from Kibuye

 Rainbow after the storm - Kigali

  The view at the canteen of Nyamishaba campus, Kibuye - where I taught my first year students


 Lake Kivu, Kibuye
 Butare - Southern Province of Rwanda

Sunrise in a little village near Cyangugu - the southwestern tip of Rwanda

 Nyungwe Rainforest near the Burundian Border

 Gisenyi - Lake Kivu, bordering the DRCongo

 Musanze - North Rwanda, the home of the mountain gorillas

 Silverback Gorilla

 A tree - a symbol of life and hope - Kigali Genocide Memorial

 A view of Lake Kivu - Amahoro Island, Near Kibuye

 Amahoro Island - Amahoro means peace, fitting isn't it?

Best of all - the beautiful friends I made, many of whom have influenced me greatly and given me a new perspective on life

It's been a slice! Thanks so much for following me these past 7 months and I hope you've enjoyed this blog as much as I've enjoyed making it...

Live, love, laugh and TRAVEL 

Farah :)




No comments:

Post a Comment